New Kerr County History Book Available!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

More antique Kerrville Postcards

Here are some more antique postcards from downtown Kerrville.  Please feel free to share these with your friends.
Click on any image to enlarge
I like the old-style tinting on this postcard.  Schreiner Mansion, Kerrville, around 1908
Kerrville City Hall, Kerrville, late 1930s
Looking down the 700 block of Water Street, Kerrville, mid 1950s.
Look at the awnings on J.C.Penney's.
Charles Schreiner Mansion, Kerrville, 1907.
Note the little balcony on the left side of the home.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love that 3rd one. I don't think I have ever seen the Manhattan Cafe before. I remember that Western Auto store though. They had a small but cool toy section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there any existing photos that show the back of the Schreiner Home? I would love to see the back of the house and the back yard, too.

    In reference to the City Hall photo, there are four windows on the left, front part of the building. The three windows at the extreme left were part of the office where I used to pay my poll tax.

    The Western Auto Store also had a trap door, in the floor, which led to the basement. As you walked into the store, and passed by the checkout counter, you could see the trap door on the left side of the room.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a rated "family" blog. Anything worse than a "PG" rated comment will not be posted. Grandmas and their grandkids read this, so please, be considerate.

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails