New Kerr County History Book Available!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Schreiner Company Images

With the renovations of the Schreiner Buildling nearing completion, I thought it might be nice to post a few images of the old girl here in one place so you could see them together.  I don't have a great collection of these images -- I've been trying to get better ones, but my "negotiations" have not been successful yet.  Here's what I do have, though, and I hope you like them.
Click on any image to enlarge
Schreiner Company, Kerrville, probably around 1910.

Schreiner Company, Kerrville, probably around 1900

Schreiner Company, Kerrville, probably around 1905

Schreiner Company, Kerrville, probably around 1930

Schreiner Company, Kerrville, probably around 1940.

Schreiner Company, Kerrville, probably around 1960.  Note the antenna atop the building.

The old Wool Warehouse next door to the Schreiner Company buildings on Water Street.
When I was a boy, this was Winn's.  It was Lehmann's earlier.

2 comments:

  1. I tried to select my favorite photo, but I couldn't.

    I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first three photos show something that looks similar to a cupola. It towers above the left side of the Schreiner Building.

    Was it part of the Schreiner Building, the St. Charles Hotel, or some other building?

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a rated "family" blog. Anything worse than a "PG" rated comment will not be posted. Grandmas and their grandkids read this, so please, be considerate.

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails