Since I've started posting here several years ago, I've been really surprised how many people visit the site. It's essentially the story of one little county in Texas -- and yet people have loaded up stories here 300,000 times.
Here are the top 10 most-read stories on this blog (so far).
You can click on the blue link to visit each story.
- Captured by Apaches -- the story of my lunch with the daughter of a man who was captured by Apaches between Fredericksburg and Mason.
- Solving the Mystery of the Legless Man -- several readers of this blog solved the meaning of a rather odd photograph in my collection.
- Why David Wampler lost -- some of my trenchant analysis of local politics.
- A first peek at "Peterson Plaza" -- sometimes I get to see plans early, even before they're in the newspaper.
- My last Kerrville Daily Times column -- I wrote 999 columns for the Kerrville Daily Times. And then I didn't.
- Fairy Tale Architecture for Mrs. Florence Butt -- photos of the home of Mrs. Florence Butt, who founded what is now H-E-B. The home looked different when it was first built than it does today.
- Tivy High School Pep Rallies in Downtown Kerrville -- some nice nostalgic photographs of Tivy students in the old Kerrville downtown.
- Arcadia Theater: Endangered Species -- the sorry story of the City of Kerrville's poor stewardship of a remarkable downtown theater.
- What was in their pockets? -- a column about looking deeper at an old Kerrville photograph.
- First peek at plans for the old Sid Peterson Property -- people really wanted to know what the City of Kerrville planned for the heart of Kerrville Old Town.