Click on any image to enlarge
|Two separate Kerr County Courthouses, taken in the mid-1890s.|
This photograph was found by Lanza Teague.
The smaller building (behind man) is the 2nd Kerr County Courthouse, built in 1876;
the larger is the 3rd Kerr County Courthouse, built in 1886.
The stones from each were used in many projects in Kerrville, including
the stone fence in front of Schreiner University.
|The site today. The two old courthouses were closer to Main Street|
than is the current courthouse.