New Kerr County History Book Available!

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Then and Now: the Kerr County Courthouse

Recently I gave a presentation at the Schreiner Mansion, back when it was still part of Schreiner University, where I paired historic photographs with snaps I'd taken that day with my phone.  I did this because I realized most people haven't studied area photographs as I have, and so it's sometimes confusing to know where an historic photo was taken. So I took a copy of each historic photograph with me, and tried to find the exact spot where the old photograph was taken -- and then I took a photo with my cellphone.   Over the next few Wednesdays, I'll publish the results here.  Please feel free to share these with your friends.
Click on any image to enlarge
The third Kerr County Courthouse, which was built in the 1880s
and torn down in the 1920s.
The building didn't stand in the center of the courthouse square,
but in the southern corner of the lot.

The site as it appears today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a rated "family" blog. Anything worse than a "PG" rated comment will not be posted. Grandmas and their grandkids read this, so please, be considerate.

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails