New Kerr County History Book Available!

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Saturday Link Pack


Reiter's Garage, foreground, Blue Bonnet Hotel, background
Piggly Wiggly just past the Sinclair station
900 Block of Water Street, Kerrville, late 1920s, early 1930s.

We all know H-E-B started in Kerrville in 1905.  But it really didn't get going until Howard Butt implemented he grocery marketing system he learned from his association with Piggly-Wiggly. Here's the Piggly-Wiggly story.

Man, I wish I'd had this app years ago when I was checking my kids' algebra homework.  I use it for myself, though.

Geek out! Someone found a computer from the Apollo mission to the moon.  (This one actually went to space!)

A page full of quotes from the poet Mary Oliver.  She's awesome.

My sweet bride and my son both love cats.  Me, not so much.  But this kit made me smile.  (Or smirk.)  A cat playscape that you can rearrange.

Cool fan design.  Stores away easily.  Makes me daydream of a time when I won't need a fan, because the weather is cooler.

Spent a good bit of time exploring a few national parks, thanks to this Google site.  Didn't even get winded.

Star Trek turned 50 last Thursday.  Watch this video and you won't be able to get the theme song out of your head for a day or so.

A thoughtful column by David Brooks about Obamacare.  Regardless of your politics, this topic deserves your attention.

This is my 1000th post on this blog.  Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a rated "family" blog. Anything worse than a "PG" rated comment will not be posted. Grandmas and their grandkids read this, so please, be considerate.

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails