New Kerr County History Book Available!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A mystery: Drug Store, Kerrville, 1920s.

Some of the images in my collection of historical photographs of Kerrville and Kerr County are a complete mystery.
Take this one, of the interior of a drug store I assume in Kerrville.   It's an interesting image, but I love some of the small details.  The apron on the little boy.  The various advertisements for tobacco products.  The long soda fountain bar.  (Man, I wish I had that long soda fountain!) 

The phone number is listed as Main 6040, which may be a clue.  The narrowness of the building might be another.

If any of you photo sleuths have an idea, please let me know.

Click on image to enlarge
Drug Store, Kerrville, around 1920.  If you have an
idea who this family is, I'd like to know.
  • To share these photos with your friends on Facebook, click here. I really want you to share these images.  The more people who can see these photos, the better!
  • To email this story and photos to your friends, click here.
  • To post a comment about this story, click here.
  • You can get email updates once a day when new articles are posted by clicking here.  Your email address is safe and will never be shared with any other website or organization.
  • To connect with Joe, please find him on Facebook at www.facebook.com/joeherring or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/joeherring

1 comment:

  1. William Spencer Hart confirms: "the mystery Drug Store Photo is a photo of my Gradfather, James Rufus ("Doc") Hart, my dad James R.('Jinx") Hart and my grandmother Hart. I have a copy on my office wall. But I don't know where or when it was taken.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a rated "family" blog. Anything worse than a "PG" rated comment will not be posted. Grandmas and their grandkids read this, so please, be considerate.

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails