New Kerr County History Book Available!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Then and Now: the Tivy Hotel

One of the things I like to do with my old photos of Kerrville and Kerr County is compare old images with new images.  These are of the entrance to the Tivy Hotel.  I believe the first image was from around 1892; the second I took Saturday, October 9, 2010.
Click on image to enlarge
Tivy Hotel, Kerrville, 1890s  It is interesting that an African-American is included in the portrait.
If anyone has an idea who this family is, I'd  like to know.

Tivy Hotel, Kerrville, taken 2010

The Tivy Hotel, Kerrville, 1890s.  On Tivy Street in Kerrville, though originally the building faced Main Street

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a rated "family" blog. Anything worse than a "PG" rated comment will not be posted. Grandmas and their grandkids read this, so please, be considerate.

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails