New Kerr County History Book Available!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday Ephemera: Charles Schreiner Bank checkbooks

Recently I received a box of Kerrville memorabilia from the George Morris family. George Morris was mayor of Kerrville at one time; his family owned the St. Charles Hotel in the early part of the last century. These three checkbooks were his wife's.  I notice three different styles here -- the upper one has a date of 1970 in it, but I don't think that could be accurate.  The middle one is dated 1936; the bottom one, 1928.  I suppose there are a lot of these in old boxes in attics around town, but I've never seen their kind before.
Checkbooks, Charles Schreiner Bank, Morris family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a rated "family" blog. Anything worse than a "PG" rated comment will not be posted. Grandmas and their grandkids read this, so please, be considerate.

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails