New Kerr County History Book Available!

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Then and Now: Kerrville's Louise Hays Park

Recently I gave a presentation at the Schreiner Mansion, back when it was still part of Schreiner University, where I paired historic photographs with snaps I'd taken that day with my phone.  I did this because I realized most people haven't studied area photographs as I have, and so it's sometimes confusing to know where an historic photo was taken. So I took a copy of each historic photograph with me, and tried to find the exact spot where the old photograph was taken -- and then I took a photo with my cellphone.   Over the next few Wednesdays, I'll publish the results here.  Please feel free to share these with your friends.
Click on any image to enlarge
Digging a swimming pool at the Louise Hays Park in Kerrville, 1950s.
A deep water pool was built, complete with a diving board.
Of course, during the next few floods, the pool was filled with gravel.

The site as it appears today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a rated "family" blog. Anything worse than a "PG" rated comment will not be posted. Grandmas and their grandkids read this, so please, be considerate.

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails