New Kerr County History Book Available!

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Saturday Link Pack

Kerrville City Hall, with Fire Station, around 1937
A new photo to my collection: Kerrville Fire Station, when it was at the end of
Earl Garrett Street, between the Cascade Pool and
behind the Charles Schreiner Bank
NOTE: the fire trucks are the same in both images.

Every Kerr County school child knows about Camp Verde and the famous camel experiment which took place there just before the Civil War.  One of the camel drivers who came to Texas from the mid-east was a man they called Hi Jolly (Hadji Ali).  Here's something about him I found this week.

I really like the design of some of these posters celebrating our nation's national parks.

Ok, I have a bit of the procrastinator gene.  This video made me smile.

What happens when corporate logos lose their words?

Yep, I'm still trying to write a better to-do list.

We all want to make the world a better place.  Maybe it can happen one dinner table at a time.

If you're into artistic paper crafts, you ought to check out my wife's blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a rated "family" blog. Anything worse than a "PG" rated comment will not be posted. Grandmas and their grandkids read this, so please, be considerate.

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails