New Kerr County History Book Available!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Barbecue Picnics at Louise Hays Park in Kerrville

I remember attending barbecues at Louise Hays Park as a child.  Often they were fundraisers for some group or other, but I remember them fondly.  The tables and pit are still there, but I don't remember attending a barbecue there for many years.  If you can help me identify any of the people in these photos, I'd appreciate it.  Use the comments section below.
Click on any image to enlarge
Cooks, Louise Hays Park barbecue picnic, Kerrville, 1968

Crowd, Louise Hays Park barbecue picnic, Kerrville, 1968

Crowd, Louise Hays Park barbecue picnic, Kerrville, 1968
For more information about Joe's book, please click here

1 comment:

  1. I think the person in the first picture on the left is E.E."Hump" Sample. And the couple at the end of the picnic tables in the third picture is Mr. & Mrs. C.E. Packert. I think?

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a rated "family" blog. Anything worse than a "PG" rated comment will not be posted. Grandmas and their grandkids read this, so please, be considerate.

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails