New Kerr County History Book Available!

Friday, April 5, 2013

Downtown Kerrville, mid-1930s

This old postcard shows Water Street, looking from the 800 block toward the 700 block -- from about where One Schreiner Center is today, looking toward the Arcadia and Schreiner Company.  This photograph was shared with all of us by my long-time friend James Partain.
Click on image to enlarge
800 Block of Water Street, Kerrville, mid 1930s.
the Blue Bonnet Hotel is the large building on the left.
You can subscribe for FREE to Kerr History updates by clicking HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this postcard.

    I remember the old Blue Bonnet Hotel sign.

    However, across the street from the hotel is a circular sign that, I believe, says Andrews Cafe.

    That sign/cafe I do not remember.

    I also noticed the extension had been added to the Blue Bonnet Hotel. What year was the extension completed?

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a rated "family" blog. Anything worse than a "PG" rated comment will not be posted. Grandmas and their grandkids read this, so please, be considerate.

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails