New Kerr County History Book Available!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More views of the Charles Schreiner Company

One of the fellows who purchased my book, James Maxwell, sent along some images of the Charles Schreiner Company I've never seen before.  Over the next few days I'll be sharing them here.  I see a lot of photos of Kerrville in a week.  I've got to tell you: these really got me excited!  I love this series of images.  Thanks, James!
Click on any image to enlarge
I think this is the oldest image in this series, but not the oldest image
I've seen of the old building.
From an old publication by J. E. Grinstead.

Looks like something's brought a crowd.

I don't see any windows on the Earl Garrett side, do you?


2 comments:

  1. I love these old photos of the Schreiner Building.

    Thank you for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first two photos show a cupula type structure on the top of the buildings.

    When (year) were those built and when were they removed? Does anyone know?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a rated "family" blog. Anything worse than a "PG" rated comment will not be posted. Grandmas and their grandkids read this, so please, be considerate.

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails