New Kerr County History Book Available!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ribbon Cutting: Butt-Holdsworth Memorial Library

I took a few snaps of the ribbon-cutting ceremony at the Butt-Holdsworth Memorial Library last Saturday Morning.  Others, like James Partain, one of Kerrville's best photographers, took photos, too.  I imagine these snaps will shine poorly in comparison.  Still, I wanted to share what I saw there with you.
Click on any image to enlarge
Kerrville mayor David Wampler started things off.

The Hunt United Methodist Choir sang the national anthem.

H-E-Buddy made an appearance.

Winell Herron, of H-E-B, made a few remarks.

Peter Lewis, the architect for the project talked about the project.

Kerrville's city manager also spoke.  I can never remember his name.
I didn't take a photo of John Worden, of the H. E. Butt Foundation, during his invocation, since I was taught to close my eyes during such; I didn't take a photo of the actual ribbon cutting since the crowd included elected officials and such who had absolutely nothing to do with the success of the project, and only showed up for the photographer!

1 comment:

  1. "I didn't take a photo of the actual ribbon cutting since the crowd included elected officials and such who had absolutely nothing to do with the success of the project, and only showed up for the photographer!"


    Joe, I liked that sentence. For some reason, it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a rated "family" blog. Anything worse than a "PG" rated comment will not be posted. Grandmas and their grandkids read this, so please, be considerate.

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails